Monday, January 11, 2010


I am starting to get excited about this pregnancy. I have been so scared this time around that I haven't really taken the time to enjoy it. I am still trying to not get too excited because of all the risks I still face, but it is hard when I am feeling the baby move every now and then and knowing that there is a baby in me growing. I have decided that it is okay for me to start planning for the baby and the possibility that it may come early.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, the 12th and she will then order the ultrasound and we can hopefully find out what I am having and if my uterus has healed and how the baby is doing. Carl doesn't think that she will take me off of bedrest, but I am hopeful that she might, or at least change it to modified bedrest, as I am not following the bedrest part as well as I should at times.

Anyways, I have decided that I want to get a sling for the baby instead of one of the "carriers" that they have. The problem is that they are like $50.00 for a nice one. I have decided that I want to make one, and have seen a few that look simple enough to make, so that is what I am going to try to do... If anyone has a sewing machine that they would let me use I would be forever grateful. Also I have posted a link to one of the "no sew" ones I am looking at and any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

"No Sew" Sling:

Friday, January 8, 2010


As you all know by now, I hope, I am pregnant. I am now 17 weeks. My due date is June 17, 2010. But as some of you may not know, I have been experiencing many problems with this pregnancy, including being on bedrest for close to 2 months already. This has been a very hard road for both Carl and I but we are really feeling that things are taking a turn for the better. Hopefully we will be finding out what we are having soon, I think it is a girl, but I really don't have a good idea yet. Whereas with "D" I just knew it was a boy.

During this next ultrasound we will also find out of the clot has gone away, possibly been reabsorbed or if not how big it is. I am very scared as this can create many problems for both the baby and me if it is still there. I do not remember what the doctor called it but I believe it is a subchrionic hemorrhage, or a placental abruption but before 20 weeks.

Thank you everyone who has been praying for us, it really means a lot to all of us and we are very grateful for all of the prayers and the good thoughts.