Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I am still working on my New Year’s resolutions, but the studying one isn’t going very well. I cannot believe how time flies. It is already midterms and I once again fell behind. I am very disappointed with myself. I know better yet I never fail to do this. I should be a few chapters ahead of where I am in my reading yet I let myself get behind and now I am playing catch-up. Ok, I am off my pitty party for now.

I have decided to rejoin a weight loss program that I did off and on while I was pregnant to try to not gain as much weight. It is called Fit Pregnancy. I am able to record what I eat, how much I exercise and my weight. I am then able to see how I am doing and adjust where needed. It also calculates about how many calories I need, since I need more than a typical diet since I am still breastfeeding. Best of all, it is FREE! I love free things that actually work and aren’t junk.

One of my other goals is to become a better communicator with my family. I am a “yeller” and “D” hates to be yelled at, this causes a lot of unnecessary tension and stress in our household. I have really been trying not to yell and go a more positive route instead of retributive. So instead of punishing him I give him choices that I can live with and then when he chooses one that might not be the best he gets to deal with the natural consequences. I am still learning but so far it really seems to be helping. He is able to learn from his mistakes instead of me nagging at him and telling him what to do and he is able to feel like he has some control over himself.

I am also trying to communicate better with Carl. I am trying not to yell or get an attitude when I am frustrated and this is very hard since that is what I know. I am also trying not to get on his case for something that I may not like or agree with and instead express my wishes and leave it alone. This one isn’t going as well as it is with DeShawn but I am still working on it and trying my best.

How is everyone else doing on their New Year’s resolutions or goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment