Wednesday, April 20, 2011

6 Years Ago

Dear “D”:

6 years ago today my life changed forever.

It seems like just yesterday that I was so done being pregnant and I just wanted you out. I wanted to meet you and hold you and see what you were like. I had no idea that I would love you as much as I did. Then I had no idea that the love I felt for you the moment I laid eyes on you would grow everyday and still grows. I cannot imagine my life without you.

You were the most adorable baby that I had ever seen. You were so chubby and cute. As soon as I laid you on my chest you stopped crying, you looked at me with your big brown eyes and I knew that everything would be okay. It was the most amazing feeling in the world to have brought another human in the world. It was and is very overwhelming at the same time. I had no idea the amount of pressure that a parent is under. We are responsible for raising another person. Thank goodness that you made it so easy.

I know that you will be an important person and will change the world with whatever you choose to do. You can be anything that you want to be and I will support you as you work hard to achieve your dreams.

So much has happened in our lives and you have been so brave and strong. You are doing amazing in school. Everyone is always so impressed with you and how smart you are and how caring and compassionate you are. I am so very proud of the young man that you are becoming. I cannot wait to see how much more you grown and learn as you continue to grow up.

I love you and Happy 6th Birthday, Big Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment