Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was nice. Carl and I argued a little in the morning but that was because I was not exactly being a nice person, some might say I was being a bitch...

So after and while I was "bitching" at him he made me a wonderful breakfast and "D" helped. So I ate a ton of food for breakfast.

After much ado I convinced him to go with me to my mother's house to see my mom and my grandma, my uncle Tim also came with his daughter Felicia. Carl barbecued a delicious lunch/diner for us all. He made steak, shrimp, baked potatoes and asparagus. He also bought a peach pie and Tillamook French Vanilla Ice Cream (which is divine).

It was SOOOO nice. Everyone was getting along, for the most part, and there weren't any huge fights! I think that is a first for a family get together for my family.

My poor grandma though, she is having a very hard time dealing with my Uncle Mike's death. He died almost 1 year ago, and this was her first Mother's Day since then. I wanted to comfort her but I didn't know what to say and my mom was having a hard time too. But they deal with grief in very different ways so they tend to irritate each other (even though most things they do irritate each other).

I was such a bum this year. I didn't even get either one of them a card or anything. I am so mad at myself. I have to do something nice for them soon! I am thinking about making something with "D" for them, since they obviously like him more than me, I don't know why....

I know that my blog is VERY new, but if anyone comes across it and has any ideas please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment