Friday, October 22, 2010

"FARE MAM"

I am so proud of "D". He is doing a phenomenal job at school. He is absorbing so much and thriving. I am so glad that he is in a place that is helping him to grow and learn so much. I was very worried and hesitant to put him in public school, although we cannot afford private I was very scared. But he loves it! He was sitting at the table tonight after I left for school waiting to get in the bath and drew a picture. It was a picture of a fire truck and he wanted to write what it was, so that there would be no confusion. Anyways he sat there and sounded it out, it was very close. He ended up spelling "FARE MAM" instead of "Fire Man" but it is amazing. He has been so resistant to me helping to teach him these things and was resistant at Head Start too but he just loves it now. Maybe it is the approach or maybe it is the environment. I don't know, but I am thrilled with whatever it is. He is also counting like crazy. He can count by 1's, 5's (usually missing 15), 10's and 100's. I know that he is a genius. :)

He is also doing his first fund raiser for school. He has his eye on the prize. He is so excited and wants to win a pen that has gumballs in it. He has to sell 35 items to get it. I am sure he can do it. We are going to be going around this weekend hopefully to family and friends and showing them the catalog so that they can see if they are interested in anything. Wish us luck!

My baby is growing up into such a wonderful young man right before my eyes. I am so proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment