Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pumping at School

Last night was the first night that I used my Medela Freestyle to pump after class. I had used my Medela Harmony to pump after class but it was taking way to long. So last night after class I put on my Easy Expressions Pumping Bra on right over my nursing bra. I got hooked up and started to pump. It was a little awkward sitting in my car at 9:30 at night in the school parking lot pumping but it had to be done. It took a little trial and error as due to my size the bottles hand a little low and I had to be careful that the weren't resting on my legs as then I couldn't get good suction. I usually sit on the edge of the couch to pump and don't have to worry about it.

I got done in 15 minutes, which is about half the time it took with the Harmony and got even more milk than I did with the Harmony. It may have something to do with the last time I fed her too but it was awesome. I unhooked it and cleaned it with the Medela Quick Clean wipes and put it back into the awesome bag and I was on my way home. When I got home I was able to nurse "A" to sleep and she was out for a few hours.

One of the best things about the Freestyle is that I can charge it at home and just take it with me. I don't have to worry about using a car adapter or anything. The suction is the exact same as it is when it is plugged into the wall. I will be buying a car adapter though because I am forgetful and I might forget to plug it in to charge and then I sure wouldn't be very happy.

P.S. I want to thank the people at Birth and Beyond in Seattle for the opportunity to win the pump. I really love it and am so glad that I won it! There was a contest a few months back for Wold Breastfeeding Week and they asked people to nominate a mom who needed a pump. I told them my story and why I needed a pump and I won. I now have this awesome pump that I cannot be more grateful for! That is also where we bought our first Ergo Sport, my nursing bras and my pumping bra. Their store is great and I love the people that work there. They are amazing and super helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment